Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll

Well, we are making some progress on the house, I think!

DONE:
Painting in the upstairs bedrooms
Painting in bedroom closets (yes I know it's OCD)
Painting in upstairs ceilings (90%) just the hall bath left (ran out of paint)
Upstairs carpet
Ceiling fan/light installed in master
Lights in boys rooms
Light in walk-in closet
Black-out shades ordered for the windows installing on 7/21!
Changed out the door hardware to brushed nickel
finished master curtains

Left to do upstairs:
paint ceiling in hall bath
update bathrooms? prob not anytime soon
chair rail and windowsill in master
window seats and window sills in boys rooms
paint or at least touch up the hall paint
patch up the old vent hold from the swamp cooler
install new light fixture in hall
install new dual smoke alarms (ion and photo-electric)
finish Gabe's wall letters (can I buy an "E" please?)
decide on/purchase or make growth charts for the boys
finish master pillow cases
decorate sam's room


whew! It doesn't seem like the done list is any longer than the to-do, but hopefully it will go quickly. We won't start working on the bathrooms for some time, but I think the rest of the list will be okay. The chair rail, windowsills and window seats will have to wait until this fall. Ben has his CPA test the end of August, and after that we need to put the kitchen and main floors together. You would probably be scared if I listed the full to=do list, but if anyone is interested let me know! Maybe I can figure out a way to post it on the side. :)

Oh, so the good times! I am flying to New York with the boys in August! That will give the boys a fun vacation with Gramma, and Ben can study for his exam without distractions. I am excited to get out of town, but sad that I will have to stop working on my projects. Hopefully I will have a renewed resolve to keep working when we get back!! And I'm sure I can find some projects to work on at Grammas!

No comments: