Those of you who know Ben are well aware of his organizational prowess, and I like to think that I fare well in this area too. Well, now we can add Sam to the list!
The incident: We have a garbage pail in Sam's room, but I don't throw dirty diapers in there, just wet ones. The dirty diapers go in a sealed trash can in the bathroom across the hall from his room so they don't stink up the place! Well, Sam is old enough now that he likes to help, so he throws his own diapers away. Somehow a dirty diaper ended up in his room trash, so when I went to lay him down for his nap, I took the trash into the hall so the smell wouldn't bother him while he was sleeping.
The time got away from me, and he was awake before I had done anything about the smelly garbage. He saw the trash can in the hall and picked it up, and went to take it back into his room. Well, it's hidden behind his door usually, and I guess he couldn't remember where it should go, so he took it across the hall, into the bathroom, and tucked it beside the toilet next to the bathroom trash. So cute, right? He is barely 19 months now, and he already wants the trash to stay where it belongs!
On the other hand he has no qualms about dumping out whole toy basket on the floor, so I guess his skills are still developing. ;)
Hope everyone is getting ready for a great weekend!
Cat
032823-SC-Mountain-Slide
-
The trees were often totally encompassed with new snow
and plenty of snow balls rolling down the slopes.
3 years ago
1 comment:
I knew you would appreciate that monica!!
Post a Comment