Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pillows!

So the poor girls had almost completed their "PRAY" pillows (to remind them to say their prayers at night) when the bobbin ran out of thread. Well, for a technically minded person I had a ridiculously hard time getting the darn thing going again and had to send the girls home with bags of stuffing to finish their pillows at home! I finally got it going again and was able to finish Gabe's pillow and zipped one out for Sam this morning. I figured I would just do a graphic for Sam since he can't read yet! Here they are...




unfortunately I didn't notice the problem with Gabe's until it was all put together. One of the girls helped him cut out the letters and the fabric ended up upside down. Whoops! Not sure I would have noticed either to be honest. Oh well, he still loves it and that is what counts. This is the first sewing project I have done in honestly ten years or more! It was probably a little more than I should have attempted on my own. *sigh*

4 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

Nicely done! I'm proud of you for completing such an ambitious project on your own and figuring out how to use the machine!

Liz said...

Cute! Way to go. Sorry the girls weren't able to finish their pillows. but way cute!

Cheyenne said...

So cute! Hallie has a prayer pillow and she loves it! I totally didn't even notice the upside down numbers until you pointed it out, so don't even worry ;)

Catrina Poulson said...

thanks Ladies! The pillow fabric is white flannel so they are just soft and huggable. The boys have been carrying them around all day!