Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hmm. So much for updating every few days!! I can't believe how the time has flown. Well, let's see. We made it through Sam's first Christmas! He wasn't that excited, but Gabe had a blast! I think he was still a little sleepy when he opened presents at home. He opened them one at a time and just wanted to play with the toys/books/puzzles and not move on to the next present! I guess that's good, he's not greedy! But then we went down to Poulson's and he was so animated!!! I wish we had recorded his reaction to opening the "Madagascar" DVD. He was almost jumping out of his skin he was so excited! So I blame the early hour for his low key present opening at home. I'm sure he loved the underwear and socks just as much as the DVD. Just kidding! He got tons of good stuff as he is at such a fun age to buy for. Sam got some baby rattles, keys, things like that and has been enjoying them as well. I think the wrapping paper and all the noise and energy was his favorite part of Christmas, he just watched with wide eyes the whole day. What a cutie.

Oh, after reading that last post, I should update that Sam is sleeping much better, usually until 8-8:30 a.m., but he still gets up several times at night. Not sure when we'll put our foot down on that, but knowing that he is maybe our last baby I enjoy holding him peacefully sleeping in the middle of the night in a way I didn't with Gabe. When he was a baby I could hold him peacefully all day, so it wasn't a special time to have him to myself! Now that Gabe isn't napping :( I don't have much Sam time. We'll have to figure out some individual things for both boys as they get a little older. Well, both kids are asleep so I don't know why I'm talking to you!! Have a Happy New Year (we'll be sleeping unless Sam's awake at midnight), and we'll see you in 2008!

No comments: